The Girls return to the Cloisters!

Sunday 1st October saw the return of the girls to the Cloisters,  a former home for poor children from the slums, which was opened in 1907  by  philanthropist Annie Lawrence  as an open-air school dedicated to Psychology and the Arts and Crafts movement. In 1940 she gifted the building to the local Freemasons.

In 2016 HFAF took the decision to open a lodge in Hertfordshire and the search for a venue ended when they were invited to meet at this wonderfully quirky building. Sunday 1st October saw the HFAF peripatetic Ambassadors Lodge No. 13 take up residence by holding an informal meeting and lunch. They were made extremely welcome by the Masonic Council which runs it. It is hoped to hold the first meeting in November and a White Table Open meeting in February 2018. The lodge will be working to attract sufficient new members to enable the Consecration of a new lodge. The lodge will also be closely connected to Haileybury School .

The new lodge will be a University Lodge and will be working with UGLE  lodge Salisbury Union No. 767.

Copyright © 2018 The Honourable Fraternity of Ancient Freemasons. All Rights Reserved.